Health Office


For information about immunization requirements and clinics, see the Pima County Health web site.

Proof of current immunizations is required for school attendance under Arizona State Law A.R.S. 36-671, 15-871-873 and Arizona Administrative Code R9-6-701 thru 708. The law offers no grace period. You must provide proof of current immunizations in order to enroll your child in school. If the student has a medical condition or personal belief that conflicts with this law a waiver may be signed and presented at the time of registration. You may obtain the waiver at any of the Pima County Health

The law does not allow parents or guardians to claim an exemption simply because the child's immunization record is lost or incomplete or because it is too much trouble to go to a physician or clinic.

Medication Policy
School is an institution just like a hospital. The school requires a doctor's order for all prescription medications, including some over-the-counter medications which need to be administered during the school year. If it is necessary for your child to receive medication at school, please note these key points. We will be glad to work with you and your child to make certain the medication is given in a safe manner.
  • The medication must be ordered for your child by a primary care provider licensed to prescribe in Arizona.
  • All medications (including inhaler) need to be provided in the original prescription bottle/box with a pharmacy label including:
    • Student's name
    • Name of medication
    • Amount to be given
    • Time to be given
    • Name of the prescriber

Please ask the pharmacist to prepare an extra prescription container for school use. If the medication is sent to school in other types of containers, the health office staff are not allowed to administer the medication and the parent will be called.

  • A medication permit (in PDF) must be completed and signed by the parent or guardian before the medication can be given at school.
  • No student is permitted to take medication independently in the Health Office or elsewhere on campus. Inhalers can be carried by a student.
  • The health office staff must be notified of any change in medication for your student.
  • Health office staff may only administer what the label directs; therefore, be sure to bring in a new bottle, a note from the physician, or have the physician FAX the changes to the school.
  • Please notify School Health Staff several days in advance of a field trip.

School and State Medical Policy advise against sending medications with children to avoid accidental breaking of bottles or other children taking the medication. Medication must be transported to and from school by the parent or guardian or adult designated by the parent or guardian (i.e., bus driver).

Medication Links

Terms Of Use | Privacy Statement | | Login
Copyright 2020 - SchoolDesk