Karen called the meeting to order at 6:01 p.m. (Lynn was unable to be at the meeting).
Introductions of everyone in attendance
September meeting minutes reviewed. Minutes are approved as read.
Dr. Aleshire reported on the following topics:
- Abandonment project is not completing over fall break, but solar will be done then and all will hopefully be done by the end of winter break.
- Stem night was very well attended. Thanks to all who contributed and attended.
- Enrollment issues-oversubscribed right now. We are working with district on finding long term solutions. We had a rep from TUSD come meet with Dr. Aleshire, Ms. Bittell, Mr. Sanchez to discuss.
Parents registering under false addresses, how do you deal. Also basic policy discussions.
Continuing conversation to hopefully help with the effects of large population.
School may even grow next year.
- How many parking spaces will be blocked off for Saturday's football game? Dr. Aleshire will confirm so adjustments can be made as necessary.
School Community Liaison Report
Ms. Mosconi reported on the following:
- Again many thanks for many donations. And 90% done with school uniform project! Thank you's all around!
- TUSD media relations here on campus because the first ever Ray Davies Humanitarian Award was awarded to Ruthie Wnek--we are so proud, Congratulations!!
- Jim Click raffle update: 7 tickets were signed out on STEM night, PTSO members and anyone can sign out the tickets and sell them. They are 5/$100 or $25 each.
- Hospitality committee earned money selling goodies and water at STEM Night.
- 162 students requesting tutors, 2/week. More tutors are needed so will be doubling up students.
- Marquee is working! Still need to get access to more people so we can change it more often, to sell messages, etc. But it's great to be working with new messages!
- Ms. Mosconi thanked multiple people for many generous donations. Thank you all!
Karen reported the following:
From the budget sheet: Checking Balance - $16,960.60; Savings Balance - $6016.58; Paypal - $144.75
Amount in checking for us to use (minus restricted funds of $2980.87) $13,979.93
Undesignated funds (we can use at our discretion) - $5686.51
Expenses and Income, comparing sept and oct Budget:
Mansfeld Magnet PTSO Meeting Minutes
Expenses to date for aug sept 1036.73; for oct 2315.06
Income to date for sept 6920.77; for oct 9123.69
Expenses (since the last report)
28.24 (ink - parking passes and promo flyers)
914.82 PBIS lunch cards
29.74 PBIS Grab bag
Income (since the last report)
2102.92 cash/paypal from parking
Added Jim Click income line - $100
Sold 110 passes; Currently have 20 passes left
Front lot sold 27 spots on 9/15, back lot 35 spots
Front lot sold 20 spots on 9/29, back lot 41 spots
teachers' prizes receipt of 79.99 submitted by Dr. Aleshire (PBIS budget).
student PBIS grab bag prizes 86.28 submitted by Dr. Aleshire (PBIS golden ticket budget).
Updated budget was voted on (motion passed).
Karen reported on the following:
- Parking-100 passes sold, 20 to go
- Sold out last two games!
- Water bottle filling station research still ongoing--some were priced at $5k, Cami's option was like
$500 but just by adding a filter and a spout to existing fountains. May explore submitting for funding from Pascua Yaqui Tribe.
- Someone asked if we were still looking to selling water bottles. Fundraising committee will get numbers as consensus was we should move forward.
- Sarah suggested adding DC chaperone and scholarship money to request to Pascua Yaqui for lockers (and maybe even water filling stations)
- A parent asked about the result of talking to teachers and the weight of student backpacks. Dr. Aleshire will ask if storage is needed in classrooms so students may leave their composition books so they have less stuff in their backpacks.
Next Meeting and Adjournment:
The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, November 1, 2018, at 6:00 pm in the school library.
Meeting adjourned at 7:08 pm.
| Privacy Statement
Copyright 2020 – SchoolDesk