At Tucson Unified, we recognize that gifted students have special educational needs that should be met within the context of educating the whole child through a variety of services and options. The role of the Gifted Education program is to:
- Identify the particular abilities and needs of these students.
- Challenge students functioning at the highest level of ability.
- Encourage underachieving students who are capable of the highest performance.
- Promote higher level creative and productive thinking skills throughout the district.
- Promote creative or productive achievement.
The District is committed to providing all students enrolled at the District with equal access to the District’s Gifted and Talented Education program.
At Robins K-8 we offer GATE Cluster Services - Gifted instruction provided in grade levels 1st -5th.
Identified GATE students are “clustered” in open access classrooms.
GATE Pull-Out Services offered in all elementary schools district-wide.
GATE itinerant teachers are assigned to each elementary.
Pull-out itinerant GATE services are 90 minutes per week and provide enriched instruction in small-group settings.