Literacy - Language Arts Components
Fluency is the ability to read a text accurately and quickly with proper expression and comprehension. Fluent readers focus their attention on what the text means, rather than on decoding words.
- Clifford the Big Red Dog - Several online stories with Emily and Clifford.
- Lil' Fingers Storybooks - Stories for younger readers.
- Poetry4Kids.com - A selection of poems for students to read. They can submit an evaluation of the poem they have just read.
- Starfall - The Starfall learn-to-read program was created to meet the needs of the emergent reader by incorporating rhyming games and high-interest books that teach phonemic awareness (sounds in words), phonics, decoding skills, and comprehension. The program is designed to instill confidence and enable the child to proceed as quickly as possible to a balanced reading program.
- Whootie Owl: Stories to Grow By - A collection of folktales from around the world.