- Anthology of Middle English Literature
Great source for English authors 1350-1485.
- Bibliomania: The Network Library
Thousands of e-books, poems, articles, short stories and play, all of which are absolutely free.
Book Adventure is a FREE reading motivation program for children in grades K-8. Children create their own book lists from over 7,000 recommended titles, take multiple choice quizzes on the books they've read, and earn points and prizes for their literary successes.
- C-SPAN American Writers: A journey through history
A permanent archive for educators, researchers and every one interested in the writers featured in the C‑SPAN series.
- Google Lit Trips
A different way to read great literature.
- Kentucky Virtual Library
Kids Research Portal.
- Lesson Plans and Activities: Language Arts - Essential Learning Products
Free lesson plans, teaching ideas, activities, and teaching resources that make teaching easier and more effective.
- Lost Titles, Forgotten Rhymes
This reference guide created by Peter Armenti, Digital Reference Specialist at the Library of Congress, allows users to find a novel, short story, or poem without knowing its title or author.
- National Council of Teachers of English
A Professional Association of Educators in English Studies, Literacy and Language Arts.
- PBS LearningMedia™ is your destination for easy, instant access to thousands of classroom-ready, digital resources including videos and interactives perfect for the Interactive Whiteboard, plus audio and photos, and even in-depth lesson plans. You can search, save, and share with ease. Best of all, PBS LearningMedia™ is free for educators. http://az.pbslearningmedia.org/
- Pulitzer Prizes
Honoring excellence in journalism.
- The Purple Crayon
Articles and other materials about children's book publishing.
- Read Print
Free online books library for students, teachers, and the classic enthusiast.
- Young Adult (& Kids) Books Central
Book reviews, author interviews & bios, press releases, industry news and much more on both children's and YA books.