We invite our students to qualify for the Arizona Arts Proficiency Seal.
The Arizona Arts Proficiency Seal was adopted to celebrate students who demonstrate high levels of proficiency in the Arizona Arts Education Standards through personal expression and creative experiences in arts education programs.
This program also identifies pathways of artistic literacy that cultivate skills for 21st century success. Its goal is to prepare students for college and career readiness, including active participation in the creative industries sector. The program is designed to promote access to well-rounded, high quality arts education across the state. Tucson Unified Fine and Performing Arts provides programs which fulfill these goals, and we are excited that our students have the opportunity to be recognized for their excellence.
What does it mean to qualify for the seal?
Students who qualify for the Arizona Arts Proficiency Seal are recognized for their high level of profiency. The seal appears on their graduation certificates and will be recorded on their transcripts. Any student who receives the seal and is successful in gaining admission to the Fred Fox School of Music at the University of Arizona will automatically be awarded a $1000 scholarship.
How to qualifyFor teachers:
- Arizona State Seal of Arts Pathway (in PDF)
- Fine Arts Seal Information for Teachers from TUSD (in PDF)
- Intent to Apply (in PDF)
- Arts Extracurricular Activities Log Sheet (in PDF)
- Capstone Process (in PDF)
- TUSD High School Fine and Performing Arts Course List (in PDF)
- Pre-Approved CTE Courses at TUSD (in PDF)
- Talk with your fine and performing arts teachers to find out how you can qualify!
Questions?Call Fine and Performing Arts at 520-225-4900 for more information.