520-225-2182 | Email HEART
We are here to help ensure your child receives the education, services and support they need.
If your family is living in any of the following situations, come talk with us.
- Displaced and living in a shelter?
- Living in a motel or campground due to the lack of an alternative adequate accommodation?
- Living in a car, park, abandoned building, bus or train station?
- Living with other people at their residence due to loss of housing or economic hardship?
We understand that unexpected events in life can bring about unexpected challenges and hardships. We also believe a child's right to an education must be protected.
Your eligible children have the right to:
- Receive a free, appropriate public education.
- Immediate enrollment in school, even if you don't have documents required for registration.
- Enroll in school and attend classes while the school helps you gather needed documents.
- Enroll in the neighborhood school or continue attending the school of origin.
- Receive transportation to and from the school of origin, if eligible.
- Receive educational services comparable to those provided to other students, according to your children's needs.
If you believe your children may be eligible, contact the HEART program to find out what services and supports may be available. Support for your preschool-age children may be available.