IMPACT Tucson was held at Palo Verde High School on Saturday, July 29, 2023, and featured renowned guest speaker Dr. Adolph Brown.
- Numerous community partners came together to engage kids in a day of games, food, and exciting activities. Thank you to all our sponsors, including the Goritz family who donated $12,000-worth of new clothes, and volunteers that helped make this special day possible.
This wonderful, annual event also offered free backpacks, haircuts and more to help families! Thank you to all our Tucson Unified employees who worked the event and helped to make sure our families have the best start to the school year.
The event, hosted by the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusiveness Department, brought in more than 2,700 families, including more than 100 of which were able to enroll their children in our schools that same day.
- Giveaways – Backpacks, Uniforms, Brand New Clothing*
- Keynote: Dr. Adolph Brown from the hit TV show "The Parent Test"
- Kid Friendly Rides
- Arcade and Game Zone
- Obstacle Course
- Dunk Tank
- On-the-spot Interviews with City of Tucson
- Free LIMITED Barber Services and Hair Styling Services FOR STUDENTS – come with clean, shampooed, dried and detangled hair
- Free Dental Hygiene Kits
- Enrollment Ambassadors Available for Last Minute Registration
- Food Vendor Trucks
- Community Resources and more!