Become A Coach
Thank you for your interest in becoming a coach! Apply for coaching positions today!
For for all elementary, middle school, K-8, and high school coaches. Please be prepared to provide proof and completion date for each requirement.
- CPR w/ AED
- First Aid Card
- Blood Borne Pathogen Training
(TUSD initial training, see administrator for dates, renew online once a year through Risk Management)
- Acts on Facts Suicide Prevention
(TUSD provided thru online training)
- NFHS Sportsmanship Certificate
- NFHS Concussion Certificate (renew every 2 years)
- Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card, IVP
(process through TUSD Human Resources)
Additional Requirements for All High School Coaches
- ATC Student-Athlete Health & Wellness (renew every 2 years)
- NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching
- NFHS Cheer Rules Course (Annually)
- NFHS Cheer/Dance Rules Exam (Annually)
- AIA Cheer/Dance Information Course (Annually)
Additional Varsity Head Coach Requirement
- Arizona Teaching Certificate or Arizona Coaching Certificate or NFHS Coach Level 1 Certificate
About First Aid and CPR/AED Training Requirements
CPR and First Aid certificates are required for all coaches and must be valid the entire length of the school year; cannot lapse during school year.
Training can be obtained through any organization offering the required certificates.
NO ONLINE TRAINING WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR CPR/AED.
The following organizations are listed here for your convenience: